RIVERSIDE MOTOR GROUP
Riverside Motor Group of Riverside House, Wheatley Hall Road, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN2 4NL, is the data controller.
Contact Details of the Data Protection Officer
Ian Kerr is the Data Protection Officer and can be contacted at GDPR@riversidemotors.co.uk or on 01302 327108
Riverside Motor Group is a privately owned business, established in 1982. We are committed to respecting your privacy and we ensure that at all times your personal data is kept safe and secure.
This statement describes the type of information:-
- We collect from you
- The way we collect it
- The way we use it
- How we keep it secure
- How long we keep the information
- Who we share your information with
- How you can contact us
The personal information we hold belongs to you at all times. We will always control and manage that information in the way you request and we will always give you an option not to receive marketing communications from us. We will never sell your information to third parties. We will share your information with our vehicle manufacturer partners under the terms of our legally binding Franchise Agreements, to help us provide you with the information, products and services that you request, at the highest possible standard.
This privacy statement will develop over time as the regulatory framework and best practices become available. You may wish to check it occasionally to ensure you are happy with the way we use your information.
What information do we collect from you?
We will only collect information that is necessary for the relevant processing activities of your purchase with us. Some of this information will be necessary to fulfil legal responsibilities and are likely to include the following (although the list is not exhaustive):
- Name & Postal address
- Date of Birth & Nationality
- Previous addresses
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Landline number
- Bank account information
- Employment information (for finance applications)
- Photo ID (including passport and driving licence)
- Vehicle details
- Purchase history
We may also receive information about you from other sources such as:
- Feedback on customer surveys & manufacturer enquiries
- Insurance administrators or providers
- Finance companies & Financial service providers
- Vehicle manufacturers, vehicle brokers etc.
- Publicly available sources
- Through our business partners
- Marketing service providers
When do we collect your information?
You will be asked to provide personal information in the following circumstances:
- When you make an enquiry with us about a new or used vehicle
- When you place an order for a new or used vehicle
- When you use our websites, apps, web chat or other digital services
- When you contact us by telephone
- If you send us an email or write a letter
- In customer surveys (either by us on or our behalf)
- If you take part in competitions or promotions (run by us or on our behalf)
- When you take a test drive or are provided with a courtesy vehicle
- When you make a booking relating to a routine service, MOT, vehicle repair
- When you apply for finance. (We provide information to third party finance companies who may conduct searches with a credit reference agency)
- If you purchase one or more regulated insurance products. (We provide information to the third party claims administrator who will administer claims and/or underwrite the policies)
- If you purchase add-on-products such as paint protection and/or accessories
- To complete a manufacturer’s warranty and/or other manufacturer benefits
- When you respond to an advertisement or other promotional communication that we or the manufacturer send to you
Why do we collect your personal information?
Riverside Motor Group collects and uses information to efficiently process the sale and supply of new and used vehicles to our customers and in the provision of our aftersales services. We collect personal data:
- To sell and deliver our products and services to you
- To arrange finance on your behalf
- To assess your eligibility for insurance products and their suitability for you
- To obtain feedback from you so that we can improve our products and services and the customer experience
- To provide you with reminders regarding your vehicle such as when your vehicle is due to have a routine service or MOT
- To understand and your marketing preferences with us
- To carry out organised marketing campaigns including competitions, promotional events and special offers
- To provide after-sales customer care
- To comply with our legal and compliance obligations
- To enable you to purchase and register a new or used vehicle with the DVLA
- To process payments for goods and services
Sharing your information with third parties
Who do we share it with?
Riverside Motor Group does not and will not sell personal information about its customers. We only disclose your data as authorised in this Privacy Notice. We may share information with the following types of third parties:
- Credit reference agencies
- Companies we have a joint venture or agreement with
- Finance providers and insurance brokers
- Agents and advisers who we use to help us deliver our products and services
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities
- Fraud prevention agencies
- Any party linked with your products and services
- Customer interaction businesses – such as Judge Services
- Marketing companies (but only to act on our behalf)
- Vehicle Manufacturer partners
Where do we store your personal information?
Personal data collected by Riverside Motor Group may be physically or electronically stored and processed in the UK or within the EU where Riverside or the vehicle manufacturers maintain facilities. All information you provide may be transferred or accessed in the UK or EU as described in this Privacy Notice and this will include the specific vehicle manufacturer partners. We store data in our dealerships in offices and we have a long term secure internal storage facility for information over twelve months old.
Who may use your personal information?
Personal information may be used by our employees, the vehicle manufacturer and disclosed to third parties either with your consent or for a legal request.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
Unless otherwise advised, your personal data will be kept for a period of seven years in order to comply with HMRC requirements, but we may retain some personal data for a shorter period because this is only held to support your vehicle purchase and fulfil the transactions you have requested (typically this will be warranty periods) or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements. Actual retention periods will vary dependent on specific products.
Your rights in regard to your personal data
If Riverside Motor Group retains your data, you will become a data subject and you have a number of rights in regard to your personal data and these include the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing concerning your data or to object to processing as well as the right of data portability. More information on these rights can be found on the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at www.ico.org.uk
Riverside Motor Group will always process data in accordance with the rights of individuals. All data subject requests are handled by the Standards and Compliance Manager, at the address above, or via email at GDPR@riversidemotors.co.uk and all requests will be responded to within 30 days.
Your rights are as follows:
The Right to be Informed
You have the right to be informed as to how your data is being processed and whether it is being transferred to any third parties. We inform customers of our processing activities through the provision of our Privacy Notice which is available externally on the website www.riversidemotors.co.uk.
The Right of Access
You can obtain confirmation whether a data controller processes personal information about you and if they do, you can request to be provided with details of that personal information and have access to it.
The Right to Rectification
You can obtain rectification without delay if inaccurate personal data is held about you. (For example if you notify us that we had inputted the wrong date of birth onto our systems then you would have the right to have this incorrect data amended with the correct date of birth without unreasonable delay).
The Right to be Forgotten
You have a right to request that personal information held about you is erased on certain grounds. A customer (who has not bought a car) may wish to have their contact details removed from our database. This is a reasonable request and must be actioned. The right to be forgotten however is not an absolute right and in some circumstances the right will be refused on lawful grounds.
Right to Restrict Processing
You can ask that a data controller restricts processing of personal information about you on certain grounds. You can request at a later date that we no longer process your personal information.
Right to Data Portability
You can request that all your data is transferred from one provider to another in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and to transmit the information to another controller.
Right to Object
You can object on grounds relating to a particular situation to a controller’s processing of personal data about you if certain grounds apply. If at some later stage, you no longer agree with how we manage your data you can object to its use.
Where we have processed personal data on the lawful basis of consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on the original consent before its withdrawal.
Your right to complain
We will investigate and respond to all complaints that we receive about how we process your personal information. If you are unhappy with how we have handled your personal information and believe we have either breached data protection legislation or we have otherwise caused you financial loss, distress and/or inconvenience, then please get in touch.
We advise that you contact the Group Standards & Compliance Manager who will deal with your complaint either formally under our written complaints procedure or informally (if we can resolve the matter to your satisfaction within 7 working days).
You can telephone us on 01302 327108
Or email us at: GDPR@riversidemotors.co.uk
If you are unhappy with the way we have handled your complaint or the response we have provided to you, then you are entitled to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) whose details are set out below:
Information Commissioner's Office:
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113
The ICO is the supervisory body for data protection in the UK.
Provision of Data
In most cases, the provision of your personal data is necessary to enter into a contract with us. For example, if you purchase a new or used vehicle from us we must take your personal information to fulfil this transaction.
We reserve the right to amend or update this policy at any time. The latest version will be available on our website at www.riversidemotors.co.uk and will be available to see in the reception area in each of our business locations. Please keep yourself familiar with the policy to ensure you agree with the way we handle your information.